Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 53, a work in progress




This is a sampler I am working on to practice/learn stitches. I wanted to try a band sampler, and started out with a band, but it just kind of evolved from there. Amanda has helped pick out some of the colors, and has decided that a mermaid and fish would look good on it too, so will incorporate them. just not sure how yet. I am open to suggestions. I am still planning on making a band sampler at some point. LOL but then who knows, as I have great intentions, and then my "fancy" runs wild and I just have to create something. I also have these pis of flamingos I took at the zoo, and Miss Ruby inspired me to create a block using the colors I see, but not sure how to go about doing it, and I don't have any bright pinks and greens. so not sure how I will create my flamingos. but I can see the block in my mind, with flamingos dancing all over it. i also have to get grandma's quilt going, something with peacocks and tulips and irises. LOL I know, I go into this head first, jump right into the deep end. but I already am so in love with crazy quilting. I can't wait to learn more.

No comments: