Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chapter 35, Thank God Friday is over

I am so glad it is Saturday. Yesterday was super stressful. Someone called in a bomb threat to our district at 8:15. At 8:30 an announcement came over the intercom for all students to exit the building. I grabbed my purse, but we all thought it was a fire drill. After standing in our lines outside for about 5 minutes they had us move all the kids to the football field. We had them out there for almost 2 hours. Most of them did not have sweaters or coats (we had just started DSTP's) they did pretty good. once we got the last ones off with their parents, or onto the buses we were told we could go. But most people had left their keys in the building. I was one of the lucky ones so I went home. I am not sure how long it was before they could go in and get their keys. I do know that they had to do the same thing at all our schools in Laurel. Oh well.
Oh, I forgot to write about what my Prince Charming did. He took me on a shopping spree! I was on my way home from work, and he told me to meet him at Boscov's. (one of my favorite stores!) He had gone out to surprise me by buying me a box of chocolates, but instead decided to surprise me with a spree. He had already picked out a new crock pot, and a mattress pad. I then got to add a dutch oven, spice rack, large frying pan, and a couple of new outfits. All things I have wanted. He then took me out to the movies and dinner. I am so spoiled. Even though times are tough, he makes sure to spoil me when he can. What more could any woman ask for? I am so lucky to have Anthony and the kids in my life.

No comments: