Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chapter 34, DPN's are a pain in the rear end




Okay, after 7, yes 7 tries, I finally got all my stitches on the needles, and began to knit in the round. by the time i went to bed last night I was thinking nasty thoughts about knitting and decided maybe I did not want to learn how to knit socks. but things are going better this morning. I have done 6 whole rounds, still have the right amount of stitches. While I was casting on (over and over again) last night, a certain fluffy butted baby snuck into my chair to claim the afghan. (see pictures above.) I have two Afghans on my chair, both knit by my Aunt Bonnie. for some reason, Reesie loves the afghans. He tries to snuggle with them all the time. I have tried giving him towels and other blankies, but he wants those two afghans. Obviously so do I, so we have an ongoing battle over who they belong to. Usually we are able to kind of reach a compromise, as I have them and he curls up on my lap so he gets to use them too. He knows he is not allowed in the chair unless I am sitting there, and he knows that he is not allowed on the Afghans. We can see how well he listens. sighs. Soon I am going to start sorting my floss and thread for my crazy quilting and embroidery. (that is one of tonight's goal's) and work some more on getting Aunt Marie's quilt traced over. I am hoping to get it started this week. I will try and get some pictures of the pattern I created.

No comments: