Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chapter 40, stitches, thread and the second sock

Well, I cast on the second sock today. I couldn't put it off any longer. I thought about it, and as I do not know any one footed people, if i want to wear my socks, I must knit two. So I got it cast on and started after only three tries. Which is better than the first sock which took 7 tries. This one is already two whole inches long. Last time it took me two days to get that far. If all goes well, I will have a pair of socks by this time next week. I got the blue block ready to mail, and will get it out tomorrow. I added a few cast on stitch flowers to the one side. That was my new stitch yesterday. I really enjoyed making it. I added the cast on stitch to my blue block too. ( I am making myself a blue block to practice and play with.) The cast on stitch looks good in both the DC embroidery floss, and the pearl Cotton I tried it with. I really think I need to make a band sampler, but then, if I make enough blocks, I will accomplish the same thing. I got my sewing machine back yesterday. I am going to set it up tonight to make sure it is sewing. So many things to create, so little time. so many ideas and patterns floating around in my head.

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Donna, I totally understand about not enough time. For me it's the outside calling when I still have stitching to do. Glad you have that other sock started.

Ruby

Amy said...

I understand completely about too many ideas and not enough time! Hang in there!