Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chapter 10

It has been an eventful weekend. I am so glad February 29 only happens once every four years. All was going well until about 7:00pm. Reesie, Chester and Misha were paying, when Reesie got hurt. I heard him yelp, and he came running up to me, just trembling and shaking. Chester had somehow popped his eye almost out. Reesie's poor little left eye was popped/bugging out, he couldn't close it, and it was all red, it looked like it was ready to completely pop out. I rushed my baby to the pet ER, where they were able to pop it back in. We were lucky, because I got him there right after it happened, they were able to get the eye back in without surgery, and putting him under. There is also a good chance he will still have some sight in the eye. So now my poor pommie has to wear a plastic collar so he can't scratch it (they had the nerve to give him a "cat" collar!) and he gets a gel in his eye 3 x a day and a pain syrup once a day. He has to stay in the collar for a week. The people at the pet ER said he was the most well behaved pommie they had ever seen, all of them loved him. (Of Course!!!! Reesie is my perfect baby! how could anyone not love him?) He looks so pitiful now, and I am so worried about him, but he seems to be doing good.
Misha is a handful. I have decided that Elkhound actually means "holy terror on feet". Misha is Russian for Michael, and actually means "from God"Chester means "fortress" and Reesie means "exuberant" So Anthony said that means we have an "Exuberant fortress from God" when talking about the dogs. But secretly, as much as I love Misha, (And I do, she is soooo cute!) sometimes I am not so sure she is from God! LOL
Well, tomorrow starts my new start. I have lost some weight, but had gotten lazy about exercise and food choices. So tomorrow I start afresh. I did do 10 minutes on the treadmill today, and plan on doing 10 more tonight. I like the way it made me feel. I am determined to lose 50 lbs by the time I go to CA this summer. I want to be 70lbs lighter when school starts in August, and I want to weigh in at 195 by Christmas. I know, lofty goals, but I think I can do it. I have gotten more active in sparkpeople.com, which is a wonderful place. It is like weight watchers, but a whole lot better. No fees, plenty of support, and so much wonderful information. I have even got Anthony to work out on the treadmill. So we are making changes. I have to admit to having some jealousy issues. I just found out that Tina is pregnant again, and that Bonnie has gotten down to a size 20. I want to be a 14, or even, someday, a 12!

No comments: